Scarlet ribbons and emeralds
Good day, and good tidings to all of you adventurers.
This short article aims to serve as an introduction to the campaign.
Please make sure that you’ve read everything found below very carefully and that you have went through the checklist before our first session
For this campaign we will be playing using the Pathfinder Roleplaying game system the whjole system can be found here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
- You are either a Human, Dwarf or Half-Elf
- You are a level 1 character
- Your alignment can be LG, NG, CG, LN.CG or, less favourably CN
- Your character can have a maximum of 2 closely related Professions and/or Crafts
- You can use one of the following classes:
- Bard (vagabond)
- Cleric (friar)
- Wizard (Academy dropout)
- Rogue (vagabond)
Our story will be classed as Epic Fantasy which means that you get to spend 20 points on your ability scores – Use them wisely.
You were born the year 4688 (this makes you 23 years of age). You are the 3rd or 4th son or daughter of a Baron, or the child of a Freeman (Tradesman or Merchant). You have attended grammar school for 4 year when you were young at the city of Cassomir. Cassomir is located at the mouth of the Sellen River, and is the second largest settlement in the empire of Taldor. It acts as a major trade city, and through its ports enter goods from the Inner Sea, as well as from nations to the north that utilize the Sellen as a trade route. Cassomir is also home to Taldor’s navy, and serves as the location of the nation’s imperial shipyards.
As a noble you do have a connection to the royal family but it is quite distant. You family never managed to achieved any form of acclaim and this was due to the lack of military prowess of all of your ancestors which is kind of the laughing stock of many.
As not the firstborn of a freeman your father’s inheritance will pass do your older brother who was trained from a young age to take your father’s place. That led you to look for an alternative profession in order to make do.
Although with no inheritance, your parents made sure that you will have some money in order to start your life which translates into 1500 pieces of silver (Shilling)
Character sheet and tools
Please DO NOT USE a digital character sheet. You can create a character sheet by using http://charactersheets.minotaur.cc/ or any other paper based pathfinder RPG character sheet.
You can still keep notes in a digital format.
Bring with you:
- Your sheet
- Paper or notebook
- Pencil and Pen
If you don’t have any of the above they will be provided but I cannot guarantee the dice will be primed :P
- Create your character to the best of your abilities
- Write a small paragraph describing your character’s physical appearance
- Have an answer for these questions written down:
- What’s your motivation in life ( why are you doing what you are doing?)
- What are you doing with your life so far
- What’s your moral compass (if any)
- What is the secret you want nobody else to know about
- Write some sentences describing your family and your ties with them
- Write down at least 3 nouns which describe your personality (honest, gallant, mysterious, amorous …)
- Write down a short paragraph outlining your background from the point you’ve left your family till now (the last 4 to 5 years)
- Find a character portrait that looks like your character or draw one
The monetary value of items in our game is not the same with the ones displayed in the book. For now consider that 1500 shillings are not a huge amount of money but they are enough to buy you the basic tools of an adventurers trade and keep some pocket money as well.
If you have any questions please let me know during the week